Saturday, June 04, 2005

What An Evening!

Well, I haven't updated in a week + a day.

I'll start with tonight.

If you can, take a drive. Do something. I needed tonight. I needed to just be away. I drove the backroads (so to speak) of the Texas Hill Country to get from San Marcos to San Antonio.

Saw Canyon Lake for the first time today. That water looks great from a truck. That water looks like it'd be there only for you when you need it, and I'm going to test that theory soon.

Man, windows down with some Pat Green playing (for the first two hours of my three-hour sojourn) and driving through the Hill Country took me to some picturesque areas of this great state... places I wouldn't mind living, even.

I want to get into my few hours more. So many experiences with so few actions. So may actions brought a serenity to me tonight. I feel calm, collected... still a little crazy, but with some new-found ability to handle things a little better. I guess we'll find out.

So the Spurs won. 4-1. I don't really care who they match up with in the Finals since they'll both be tough. Didn't try to get any tickets (unless somebody comes up with some). Anyway, the SpursTalk.com GTGs (Get ToGethers) will be more fun - especially if everybody is there if/when the Spurs win it all.

Saw Pat Green in concert at Stubb's in Austin on Thursday evening with Miss Merks (Kelly). He puts on one hell of a show, so much so that I'm going to try and be in New Braunfels for the concert on the 23rd.

Stubb's is a nice spot for a show. It was humid, but once Pat got on stage, I kind of forgot since I was just singing along like a dope - although Kelly got into it, too.

I'm still kind of loopy after tonight's drive. Man, that was relaxing...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If there are still ticket available, you should check out Ryan Adams at Stubbs this month. He's countryish, and I think you'd like his stuff.

Saturday, 04 June, 2005  
Blogger Kelly said...

The best way to describe Ryan Adams is Americana. If he tried a little harder, his work would be genius.

Again, thanks for the concert night.

Saturday, 04 June, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

His work IS genius! Love Is Hell is amazing!

Sunday, 05 June, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home