Saturday, May 21, 2005

Ketchup & Corn Chips

First off, I need to say Happy Birthday to my friend Kelly. It's her 20th today.

She's a real sweetheart who's going to be outstanding at whatever she ends up doing; she's doing the journalism thing right now. I like to say I swiped her from Trends (the entertainment section at The Star) to News, but she came on her own.

She's applied for assistant news editor and senior reporter this semester, but whatever happens, she'll be great.

By the way, this is Kelly and I at the graduation party last weekend.



So I helped my friend David load his stuff in a big-ass U-Haul today - yes, it was big-ass... they rented an 18-footer and were given a 24-footer. Anyway, he's off to Lake Jackson to work as a general assignments reporter at the Brazosport Facts. He was one of the first in a long time from The Star to get an internship at the Austin American-Statesman. He gives a lot of us that want to make this a career just another idea that we can actually go somewhere by doing things the right way.

Props to David Doerr.

Now, as to the title of this post. I was hungry earlier, so I went to Wendy's for some food and realized that I really dislike the ketchup I had at home. So I walked into HEB and picked up some Heinz and some Julio's tortilla chips, hence the post title.

You think that was weird... the guy in front of me had some ranch dressing, a can of peanuts and a bag of peanut M&Ms.

Yeah...

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

1. Julio's are THE SHIT.
2. Thank you for the birthday salutations and all the other flattering stuff on here. You're too kind.
3. It does look like we're freakin'.

Saturday, 21 May, 2005  
Blogger Joe said...

You were so drunk that night you didn't even realize you have no pants on in that picture...

Saturday, 21 May, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julios are the best man! I can never remmeber the name of those chips but I love them!

Wednesday, 25 May, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home