Monday, May 16, 2005

Links Exposed

Okay, they're not really exposed, but I will explain them as I go along and add more.

InsideThePark.com is the Web site I write for. We cover the Seattle Mariners and their minor-league organization. Since I live/work in San Antonio, I cover the San Antonio Missions (the Double-A affiliate). I did the same job last summer and it was one of the best I've ever had. In fact, I just finished covering the Tacoma Rainiers (the Triple-A affiliate) when they came to Round Rock, Tex. (a few miles north of Austin) for a four-game series.

SpursTalk.com is a San Antonio Spurs message board I frequent both on and offline. I used to write columns for their parent site (FullSportPress.com), but have slacked off as of last season. Met many fun people and had many a good time watching basketball with them.

The University Star is the campus newspaper for Texas State University-San Marcos (I hate that San Marcos thing, what's next... Texas State University-Sabinal). I'm the managing editor of the newspaper after being news editor this past semester (I'm also the acting sports editor this summer - needed the extra paycheck). We are the finest media outlet in the city of San Marcos because we bust our collective asses to put out the best product possible. A lot of my postings will be related to The Star (local style calls for a shortened second reference) and journalism-related stuff in general because that's just the guy I am.

Man, talk about your long paragraphs... my journalism professors are twitching right now and muttering stuff about "one-sentence paragraphs... maybe two."

Yikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home