Friday, August 05, 2005

One Update, One New

I found my cap!

The Lids at Highland Mall had my size on the very last hat.

What was confirmed was the service level at said store. Even with being tax-free weekend in Texas, the store (and mall) were like any early weekday morning.

I stood in front of the cash register in the same spot for five minutes (literally) without being asked if I needed anything. It was only one guy there, but I was the only customer in the store.

When he came from up front to the register, I tried to ask for help, but he just started typing away on his register... stopping and starting, checking his watch, until he finally looked at me and asked if I needed anything.

So anyway, I found my cap and paid $23.99 for it instead of the regular ~$32 (tax-free weekend plus my discount card).

On to the new news. While I was sitting in a parking lot eating breakfast (the Target on Research Blvd.), I notice a woman standing at the bus stop. Well, it's been off-and-on drizzle/rain all morning. So while I'm there (about a quarter-mile away), I notice a guy drive up to her, get out and give her an umbrella and take off. She seemed reluctant at first to accept it, but apparently the guy insisted.

Scenes like that are what keep me sane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home