Thursday, August 04, 2005

I Just Want A Simple Cap


I've wanted a cap for the past few weeks, even telling myself it'd be a little birthday gift to myself. Problem is, I can't fucking find it. Anywhere.

Oh, sure, it's online from a number of places; I would just prefer not to wait 14 business days or pay $6 in shipping.

I used to love Lids. You could always find a cap in there and they never ran out of your size - then people started wanting shitty-looking caps with designs and colors and such. Some aren't bad and I own a "fashion cap" or three, but what about the simple, authentic game caps? I remember when they had the frequent-purchaser program, the birthday program and they were actually nice when you walked into the store. Hell, I remember when the discount program was free.

I paid $5 to sign up for a 3-year membership and it's paid for itself many times over, so no complaints there.

Now - especially at the one here in San Marcos, they kind of just stare at everybody and make me feel really uncomfortable. Plus, I pretty much know what I want in a cap - so I go in, look at what I want to look at and get out.

I just want a Seattle Mariners authentic cap in either 7 1/2 or 7 5/8. Is that too much to ask?

I think I saw some at Highland Mall in Austin, so I'll hit that up before work tomorrow.

Rant over. Hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home