Wednesday, July 20, 2005

How Coincidental...

So I have my first test in Astronomy tomorrow. I've really enjoyed the class and Dr. Olson's a great professor who has kept my interest piqued every day.

I get home just after 7 p.m. after stopping at the office to take care of a few things and promptly sit down at the computer to check out Fark
and a couple of other sites. I eventually end up at Ctrl-Alt-Del to catch up on about six months of missed comics. By the time that finishes, it's a little after 8:30 p.m. I turn on the tube and start watching The Simpsons.

Now, this wasn't just any episode. This was Bart Gets An F. In this episode, Bart is threatened with having to repeat the fourth grade after he continually fails his tests for lack of dedication to study.

Was this a sign?

I'm going to take it as one. I just finished a sandwich, I've just finished this entry... so now it's off to the wonderful world of Astronomy.

And just to make sure I'm not tempted to come back to the computer for a little bit of time, I'm going to start a processor-consuming task that makes my system slow to ungodly speeds if I interrupt it.

Back later...

6 Comments:

Blogger Manuel Salgado said...

Yo, in addition to being a weather nerd, I am a retired astronomy nerd. Feel free to ask for help at anytime.

Wednesday, 20 July, 2005  
Blogger Joe said...

Tonight, I was also a Texas Legislature nerd.

I watched about 40 minutes of the filibuster online since I didn't think I'd make it in time to the Capitol.

I was this close to driving up there.

If there's something similar at the end of the next session, I'm going.

Wednesday, 20 July, 2005  
Blogger Joe said...

Oh, and thanks.

Wednesday, 20 July, 2005  
Blogger Joe said...

The Texas Legislature has live webcasts of both the House and Senate on their website.

Plus, I live in San Marcos, so had it been scheduled to go on longer than midnight, I would have gone up there to watch it live.

Sunday, 24 July, 2005  
Blogger Manuel Salgado said...

Jess' best friend told us about how awesome it was to watch the filibuster live. She's a clerk for the Senate. Pretty neat stuff.

Monday, 25 July, 2005  
Blogger Joe said...

Interesting...might need to get a hold of you and Jess if we need a source.

It was very entertaining and interesting.

Monday, 25 July, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home