Friday, July 29, 2005

My Favorite Whipping Boy...

Well, at least I know that when the going gets tough on coming up with ideas for the blog, the good people at WOAI-TV/AM always do something to step up to the plate.

I woke up this morning and opened up my usual sites to find this from my hometown TV station.

"Have Local Schools Become Supply Nazis?"

Let's just forget for a minute that a news organization is using a term usually reserved for a group that killed six million Jews and equating them to Joe Six-Pack at the school board.

I know they're trying to be cute just the way people online have been called Spelling or Grammar Nazis. There's the rub. A news organization isn't supposed to be cute - they're supposed to report the news in a fair and balanced way and let the reader/viewer decide for themselves what to think.

Far be it for me to defend the Northside Independent School District as they at one time employed my entire family (three people including myself), but the god-dammed red-tape of that district is absolutely horrible.

Is there anybody out there that likes their news cut-and-dried and subjective like this?

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Nice of them to finally change the story title.

I wonder if somebody called them on it.

Friday, 29 July, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home