Thursday, July 14, 2005

It's Bloggin' Time

So much for having a blog that isn't updated regularly.

Rather than new posts for everything I want to write about, here's one long big-ass post.

While driving to work in Austin on the day of the London attacks, I couldn't help but get angry at the lack of news coverage there was on the radio (cable news did a fine job, though). While there were updates every 20 minutes (akin to "Bombs in London, people hurt, back to traffic...), they (being 1200 WOAI-AM/San Antonio) talked for 10-15 minutes about the "Top 12 Most Overrated Songs."

This is a news/talk station which proclaims themselves to be "San Antonio's First News). It's programming decisions like that which make me glad I've decided not to seriously pursue broadcast journalism as a career and instead focus on print.

I talked to my academic adviser on Monday and found out that after my Astronomy class this summer (which is pretty cool, BTW), I will only need 27 hours to graduate. Twenty-seven!

It's going to be a tough 27 hours, but it just feels so great to be able to see graduation (which is one of my largest life goals) finally within reach. All that problems that I got myself into, all the financial struggles I've had to deal with might just all be over soon enough.

Class of 2006!

I need a plant. I also need some wall decor.

I need a plant so that I can force myself to clean my apartment and open my blinds up. I need some wall decor because this white emptiness is driving me a little mad and if I'm going to be here until this time next summer, I might as well make it worth it.

The University Star is finally moving. The work on the Trinity building should be completed by August 10 and we should be in our new offices by the beginning of the semester. It's going to be weird - in fact, we spent all day yesterday cleaning the walls off and boxing stuff up - but I think it's going to be fun to christen the new Trinity building for staffers to come.

If anybody happens to watch ESPN2, look for this week's episode of Streetball. I have an on-camera spot for about two seconds. When the And1 Mix Tape Tour was in San Antonio a few weeks back, we covered it for the sports section two issues ago. During the second half, I took the camera and sat on the baseline at the SBC Center, so during one play in which one of the players hits the court, you can see me about three feet away on the right-hand side of your screen. Green shirt, blue jeans and a camera. That's me.

I was always told I'd end up on ESPN someday. I kinda thought they meant more frequently, though.

I don't really have much else right now, but I hope to keep this as updated as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home