Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Free Agency

That's the choice. I'm on the market.

I thought it was in my best interest to pass on the job at the Standard-Times. Now that's not to say there are any problems with the paper, in fact, I think it's a great paper for somebody to come learn in and it'd be a great entry-level paper.

Just not for me. It's not the paper, it's the city. There's just nothing in this city for me, and I understand that part of it is my personality. Some people would probably do fine in this city and a job at the paper here would be great for them.

I've learned so much about writing, journalism and how I incorporate all of that into me, and I couldn't be more grateful for the opportunity.

I have enjoyed working for this paper so much and I will take the lessons with me as I move forward. To those who have taken an interest in helping me, thank you.

I want to have this post up tonight, so I'm going to end it here, but I have some other thoughts and thanks to post soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

interesting life, ... interesting blog jeje bakan!

Tuesday, 25 July, 2006  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Well, your first step is done! :) No one can say what is right for you, 'cept you.

Thursday, 27 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home