Monday, July 24, 2006

Double Bacon Cheeseburgers

As in that's just what I had to eat from Whataburger.

You know, I always love coming back to people reading the blog, be them few and far between.

So what's up with me? Well, I have a huge decision to make in the next 18 hours. I already know my answer, but in the interest of fairness, I will wait before I make an announcement. It's not like people are on edge for a big free-agent signing, but it's an important decision to me.

I'm at a loss of what to say next.

It's been about 20 minutes since I finished the paragraph before that last sentence.

It could be that I'm at a loss, but I think it has more to do with the fact that Sportscenter is on. Speaking of Sportscenter, I took a test as the beginning of a hiring process with ESPN. I was contacted by their research manager off my resume posting on JournalismNext.com and set up a time to take the test. It's a fairly tough exam in that it brings in math, copy editing, comprehension and trivia - all within one hour.

I'm going back and forth about how well I really did. I seriously think I did okay, but I guess we'll find out if I get a call back from ESPN. It's been just over a week and my contact with them happened about once every two weeks or so. Who knows? I could be in Bristol, CT working on Sportscenter.

I'd like to start writing more media commentary blogs, so as time goes on, not only will this be a personal blog, but will also focus on things I find interesting in the media world. I have a few of those from last year (the Miami Herald suicide front page, the Daily Texan prison dog program photo essay, WOAI, WOAI and probably WOAI), so if you'd like to send me anything you think is interesting, go for it. I also hope to start linking to other commentary blogs/sites/etc.

I think this might be it for the night and only because I don't think I have much more to say right now. I will try and make a post tomorrow once I get home from work and my decision is public.

Will I sign the rookie deal or become a free agent?

Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lois Lane said...

What is the rookie job? I feel out of the loop.

We must converse.

I have my 2nd interview with the statesman tomorrow...yesss....

Tuesday, 25 July, 2006  
Blogger Joe said...

It's a bad sports analogy.

The rookie deal = The offer from the S-T.

Free-agent = Still looking.

Tuesday, 25 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home